All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood - a horrifying shape-changing parasite - has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defences. Too little, too late, the legal rate of Juridicals is only w investigating possible crimes by the Master Builder and others. Evidence-gathering agents, kwn collectively as Catalog, have been dispatched to collect testimony from the Librarian and both Didacts: the Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system, and the Bornstellar Didact, who accompanies the Librarian as she preserves specimens against the dire possibility of Halo extermination. Facing the imminent collapse of their civilization, the Librarian and Ur-Didact reveal what they kw about the relationship between the long-vanished Precursors and the Flood. The Precursors created many techlogical species, including humanity and the Forerunners. But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of ermous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before. Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian - husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict - hold the keys to a solution. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must w commit the greatest atrocity of all time - to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe.
- Author BiographyGreg Bear is the author of more than thirty books of science fiction and fantasy. He is married to Astrid Anderson Bear and is the father of Erik and Alexandra. Awarded two Hugos and five Nebulas for his fiction, one of two authors to win a Nebula in every category, Bear has been called the 'Best working writer of hard science fiction' by 'The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Science Fiction'. Bear has served on political and scientific action committees and has advised Microsoft Corporation, the U.S. Army, the CIA, Sandia National Laboratories, Callison Architecture, Inc., Homeland Security, and other groups and agencies.
- Author(s)Greg Bear
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleForerunner Saga (Halo)
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight242 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.74
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.