All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood a horrifying shape-changing parasite has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses.Too little, too late, the legal rate of Juridicals is only w investigating possible crimes by the Master Builder and others. Evidence-gathering agents kwn collectively as Catalog have been dispatched to collect testimony from the Librarian and both Didacts: the Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system, and the Bornstellar Didact, who accompanies the Librarian as she preserves specimens against the dire possibility of Halo extermination.Facing the imminent collapse of their civilization, the Librarian and the Ur-Didact reveal what they kw about the relationship between the long-vanished Precursors and the Flood. The Precursors created many techlogical species, including humanity and the Forerunners. But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of ermous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before...Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian--husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict--hold the keys to a solution. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must w commit the greatest atrocity of all time to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe. This trade paperback edition of Halo: Silentium features an epilogue written by Greg and Erik Bear, appearing for the first time in print.
- Author BiographyGREG BEAR is the author of more than thirty books of science fiction and fantasy, including Hull Zero Three, Eon, and Moving Mars. Awarded two Hugos and five Nebulas for his fiction, one of two authors to win a Nebula in every category, Bear has served on political and scientific action committees and has advised both government agencies and corporations on issues ranging from national security to private aerospace ventures to new media and video game development.
- Author(s)Greg Bear
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight313 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $61.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.