All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFamous for his effortlessly chic Ultrasuede shirtdress and other modern classics, Halston was the defining American fashion designer of the 1970s. Just as his friend Andy Warhol challenged the can of high art, Halston democratized fashion with elegant and urbane ready-to-wear clothes. Halston and Warhol complements a groundbreaking exhibition of clothes and accessories by Halston, art by Warhol, and photographs and ephemera that document the connections between the two men against the social backdrop of 1970s New York. Included are essays, interviews, and biographical timelines that cover topics such as Halston s importance in the can of American couture, Warhol s Fashion TV, the similarities in their lives and careers, and the role of celebrity in art and fashion.
- Author BiographyLesley Frowick, the niece of Roy Halston Frowick, is a photographer and writer who worked with her uncle. She lives in Washington, D.C. Geralyn Huxley is curator of film and video at The Andy Warhol Museum. Valerie Steele is the director and chief curator at The Museum at FIT, New York. Corinne LaBalme is a former Halston employee and a writer who lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology Valerie Steele,Andy Warhol Museum the,Geralyn Huxley,Lesley Frowick
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1746 g
- Width251 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.