Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionInjuries to the hamstring and quadriceps muscles can occur in both low- and high-impact sports and as such are among the more common injuries incurred by athletes. Reviewing the relevant physiology, epidemiology, mechanisms, clinical presentation and treatment of these conditions, Hamstring and Quadriceps Injuries in Athletes covers all sports-related injuries of the thigh musculature in one place. Topics covered include mid substance injuries, acute proximal tendon avulsions and harvesting of hamstrings, as well as strains, contusions and ruptures of the quadriceps, including the use of biologic enhancing agents in healing. Chapters on rehabilitation and injury prevention present techniques to maximize recovery and minimize long-term impairment, speeding up return to play. It will be an often-used and reliable guide for sports medicine practitioners, orthopedists, physical therapists, primary care physicians, team physicians and trainers who treat the injured athlete.
- Author BiographyChristopher C. Kaeding, MD, Judson Wilson Professor of Orthopedics, Director of Sports Medicine, Wexner Medical Center, The Ohio State University, Departments of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA. James R. Borchers, MD, MPH, Associate Clinical Professor, Wexner Medical Center, The Ohio State University, Departments of Family Medicine and Sports Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 42 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight332 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byChristopher C. Kaeding,James R. Borchers
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.