Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe remarkable true story, international best-seller and much-loved book is w ready for the stage! In March 2000, a suitcase arrived at a children's Holocaust education center in Tokyo, Japan. On the outside, in white paint, were these words: Hana Brady, May 16, 1931, and Waisenkind -the German word for orphan. ' Children who saw the suitcase on display were full of questions. Who was Hana Brady? What had happened to her? They wanted Fumiko Ishioka, the centre's curator to find the answers. In a suspenseful journey, Fumiko searches for clues across Europe and North America. The mystery of the suitcase takes her back through seventy years, to a young Hana and her family, whose happy life in a small Czech town was turned upside down by the invasion of the Nazis. This was the story that sparked the amazing success of Hana's Suitcase . Since its initial publication in 2002, the book has won more awards than any Canadian children's book of the last 30 years. It has been translated into dozens of languages, changed thousands of lives. Now, with its amazing true-life story adapted by a prize-winning playwright, Hana's Suitcase is ready for live theatre. This book includes the complete script of the play, as premiered in March 2006 at the Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People in Toronto together with the full text of the original story. Children and adults alike will be deeply touched at this opportunity to delve further into the story of Hana's Suitcase , both by reading it and by acting it out.
- Author BiographyKaren Levine is a radio producer who has worked for many years on CBC programs including As It Happens and The Sunday Edition. She has won several awards for her radio work, including two Peabody awards (the Oscars of Radio). Levine originally produced Hana's Suitcase as a radio documentary and later made it into a book. Though she travels widely to talk about the book, she makes her home base in Toronto with her partner and son. Emil Sher's dramas, fiction, and essays have been widely anthologized. His stage work includes Derailed, a play he wrote with Toronto's Stilleto Company that was nominated for four 1995 Dora Awards. He is currently adapting Mourning Dove for the screen and stage. Other projects include Face in the Crowd, a play for young audiences, and Sophie, So Far, a book about his first year as a father.All three plays in Making Waves were produced by and broadcast on CBC Radio.
- Author(s)Emil Sher,Karen Levine
- PublisherSecond Story Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSecond Story Press
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight428 g
- Width230 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.