Handbook for the College and University Career Center by Edwin L. Herr, Jeffrey W. Garis, Jack R. Rayman (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis professional reference provides a comprehensive historical, theoretical, and practical overview of career centers in colleges and universities. The authors present and discuss various models of providing career services as well as ways to work with various constituent groups of clients. The volume emphasizes the pragmatics of planning, managing, and implementing career centers and provides examples of forms, policies, and strategies that have been proven to work. While the focus of the book is on practicality, the book emphasizes how theory should guide practice. The reference gives direct and proven examples of how to implement a comprehensive array of career services in a college or university. The authors address three points that are fundamental in providing career services. First, they trace the evolution of the delivery of college career services and they review various career center models. Second, they provide information and strategies that are necessary for the planning, organization, staffing, funding, and management of a college career center. Third, they review a range of services that may be provided by career centers, including counseling, assessment, computer-based guidance systems, programming, career information, and placement. Each chapter includes a list of references, and a selected bibliography concludes the work. The result is a reference bound to be of value to a wide range of student services personnel.
- Author BiographyEDWIN L. HERR is Distinguished Professor of Education and Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Research at the College of Education, Pennsylvania State University. For 24 years he served as Director of the College of Education Counseling Service and as Head, Department of Counselor Education, Counseling Psychology and Rehabilitation Services Education at the same university. His many publications include Career Guidance and Counseling Through the Lifespan, Counseling In A Dynamic Society: Opportunities and Challenges, and Controversies in the Mental Health Profession. He is presently writing a book on the foundations of vocational education. JACK R. RAYMAN is Affiliate Professor of Education and Counseling Psychology and Director, Career Development and Placement Services, Pennsylvania State University. His interests include counseling and career psychology, and the theory and practice of career development. He has written several book chapters, and his articles have appeared in publications such as Journal of Business and Technical Communications and the Journal of Career Planning and Employment. JEFFREY W. GARIS was formerly the Associate Director, Career Development and Placement Services, and Affiliate Assistant Professor of Counselor Education at Pennsylvania State University. He now serves as Director, the Career Center, Florida State University. His articles have appeared in Career Development Quarterly, the Journal of Career Development and the Journal of College Placement.
- Author(s)Edwin L. Herr,Jack R. Rayman,Jeffrey W. Garis
- Date of Publication30/05/1993
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Greenwood Educators' Reference Collection
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.