Handbook of Adolescent Transition Education for Youth with Disabilities by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $124.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $191.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransition from secondary education to adulthood represents a period during which adolescents with disabilities face multiple responsibilities and changing roles that include establishing independence, attending postsecondary education or training, developing social networks, choosing a career, participating in their communities, and managing healthcare and financial affairs. Sponsored by the Division of Career Development and Transition (DCDT) of the Council of Exceptional Children, this handbook provides a comprehensive resource to the communities of educators, related service and agency personnel, families, caretakers, counselors, and other stakeholders who facilitate these complex transitions to adulthood for adolescents with disabilities. Comprehensive - This comprehensive volume includes coverage of historical foundations, policy, transition programming and planning, development of student skills, and program structure. It also recommends transition supports for students with specific disabilities. Organizing Taxomy - The book is organized around a well recognized taxomy for adolescent transition used by many states to design and reform their transition services. Expertise - The volume editors are past-presidents of the Council for Exceptional Children's Division on Career Development and are leaders in transition research and practice. Contributors are well-recognized for their expertise in transition. Chapter Structure - Each chapter includes a discussion of evidence-based research, recommended practices, suggestions for transition personnel and families, and additional resources. This book is appropriate for researchers and graduate-level instructors in special education and vocational education, inservice administrators and policy makers, and transition service providers.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Wehmeyer is Professor of Special Education; Director, Kansas University Center on Developmental Disabilities; and Senior Scientist, Beach Center on Disability, all at the University of Kansas. His research focus is on self-determination, technology use by people with cognitive disabilities, the intellectual disability construct, and access to the general education curriculum for students with severe disabilities. He is the past editor of the journal Remedial and Special Education, past president of the CEC Division on Career Development and Transition, and immediate past president of the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Kristine Wiest Webb is a Professor at the University of North Florida (UNF) and serves as Director of the Disability Resource Center. Prior to UNF, she served as Director of the Florida Network at the University of Florida. While pursuing her doctoral degree at the University of New Mexico, she directed the Intern Program. Kris taught for 17 years in New Mexico and Colorado. Her research includes transition to higher education, family involvement, and student-centered planning. She is a past president of the CEC Division on Career Development and Transition.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 63 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKristine Wiest Webb,Michael L. Wehmeyer
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.