All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Adult Psychopathology in Asians represents a historically remarkable global collaboration among leading experts of psychopathology in Asian adults. Chapters provide critical appraisals of existing research and theory as they relate to issues surrounding the diagsis, etiology, and treatment of major mental disorders among Asians. This volume covers major Axis I disorders as identified by the Diagstic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, somatoform disorders, dissociative disorders, eating disorders, sleep disorders, adjustment disorders, and schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. In addition, the book provides coverage of Axis II personality disorders, including antisocial personality disorder. Complementing these topics are chapters that take a unique look at psychiatric syndromes that have been identified in Asia and at interventions that have been indigeusly developed in Asia for treating mental disorders. Additional foundational chapters focus on topics such as the psychology of Asians, assessment and research issues in studying Asians, and future directions for research and policy in studying and treating Asians with mental disorders. With this volume in hand, mental health professionals and researchers around the world w have a single and critical resource that they can use to enhance their efforts in studying and treating Asian adults with mental disorders.
- Author BiographyEdward C. Chang, Ph.D. is Professor of Clinical Psychology and a Faculty Associate in Asian/Pacific Islander American Studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1012 g
- Width187 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byEdward C. Chang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.