All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatients with advanced cancer increasingly receive end-of-life care from a variety of health care professionals, physicians and nurses. These professionals need to be able to assess the original diagsis and the appropriateness of patient referral, set a treatment or palliation program, and recognise and plan for the clinical problems associated with specific primary tumors. This is the first comprehensive source of information available at a level between specialist oncology texts and nursing texts. Two eminent physicians from one of the world's foremost cancer centers have drawn together a remarkable team to provide a handbook which covers the full range of problems the healthcare workforce caring for these patients will encounter. This highly accessible text covers general principles in oncology, the primary tumors one by one, and management of specific symptoms and syndromes. It will be invaluable to primary care physicians, surgeons, nurses, therapists and trainees.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Fisch, M.D., MPH is Chair of the Department of General Oncology in the Division of Cancer Medicine at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr Fisch is a national leader in symptom management and survivorship care. His research and clinical work in this area focuses on the assessment and management of patients with complex symptom problems from the time of diagnosis, through treatment, during survivorship and at the end of life. As medical director of the M. D. Anderson Community Clinical Oncology Program Research Base, Dr Fisch also oversees a network of M. D. Anderson managed clinical trials aimed at cancer control, prevention and therapy implemented and conducted efficiently in a community environment.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 87 tables
- Weight1070 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byEduardo Bruera,Michael J. Fisch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.