All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we confront the future of our professional endeavors, we tend to rely with con?dence on longstanding and widely hored assumptions about the world and ourselves. We believe we have accumulated sturdy structures of kwledge, eff- tive practices, and sound values. Yet, we rely on these resources with scant c- sciousness that in the long run our assumptions, practices, and values may t only be inimical to the viability of our profession, but as well, oppressive in their effects on others. There is at least one assumption - common across many professions and cultures - that is of particular signi?cance. It is the assumption that the world is made up of discrete entities or units. There are t only the species of plants and animals, for example, but there is me as opposed to you, us vs. them, my business enterprise in competition with yours, our nation or religion and yours. And with this assumption of separable units, we assemble ways of sustaining and protecting those units of which we feel a part. We erect buildings, laws, schools, governments, and armies to ensure that what is inside the boundary will ?ourish, and what is outside cant threaten us. In effect, the assumption of a world of independent entities establishes the way in which we understand and conduct ourselves within relationships.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGabriele Strohschen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.