Handbook of Checked Baggage Screening: Advanced Airport Security Operation by Norman E.L. Shanks, Alexandre L. W. Bradley (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $250.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $157.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Checked Baggage Screening - Advanced Airport Security Operation is a practical guide for project managers and designers embarking on hold-baggage screening developments within the airport environment for the first time. The book clearly explains away any uncertainty about the processes and procedures to be used by the various parties involved within the industry and sets out 'best practice' with respect to checked baggage screening design.Valuable lessons can be learned from actual case studies contributed by leading equipment manufacturers on recent 100 per cent hold baggage screening projects. In addition to the all-important security screening of baggage and passengers, the book also looks at the following areas associated with airport security, through the use of a detailed structured security check-list evaluation questionnaire. The questionnaire allows airports to assess the state of readiness of their airports and then, using the other chapters, gain an insight regarding which techlogy will best solve any security gaps. The authors offer a unique perspective through their background and experience. Many of the checked baggage screening procedures and equipment discussed in the book have already been implemented in the UK, with the authors responsible for leading this effort. The combined experience they can offer to the industry world wide is invaluable.
- Author BiographyNorman Shanks is an established professional in the aviation industry; he is recognized as one of the world's foremost experts in aviation security, with over 30 years' operational and management experience in international civil aviation. Alexandre Bradley is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over 15 years of baggage handling systems design and airport master planning experience. He was employed by BAA plc (Formerly British Airport Authority) for 10 years as Specialist Systems BHS and HBS Design Engineer and then as an Airport Business Analyst. As a Master Planner (Baggage Systems), he has been responsible for the design, evaluation and remediation recommendations on many baggage handling systems and HBS installations across Asia, Europe and Canada.
- Author(s)Alexandre L. W. Bradley,Norman E.L. Shanks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2004
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationBury St Edmunds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfessional Engineering Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight738 g
- Width164 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.