All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCloud computing has become a significant techlogy trend. Experts believe cloud computing is currently reshaping information techlogy and the IT marketplace. The advantages of using cloud computing include cost savings, speed to market, access to greater computing resources, high availability, and scalability. Handbook of Cloud Computing includes contributions from world experts in the field of cloud computing from academia, research laboratories and private industry. This book presents the systems, tools, and services of the leading providers of cloud computing; including Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft. The basic concepts of cloud computing and cloud computing applications are also introduced. Current and future techlogies applied in cloud computing are also discussed. Case studies, examples, and exercises are provided throughout. Handbook of Cloud Computing is intended for advanced-level students and researchers in computer science and electrical engineering as a reference book. This handbook is also beneficial to computer and system infrastructure designers, developers, business managers, entrepreneurs and investors within the cloud computing related industry.
- Author BiographyBorko Furht is a professor and chairman of the Department of Computer & Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton, Florida. Professor Furht received his Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Belgrade. His current research is in multimedia systems, video coding and compression, 3D video and image systems, video databases, wireless multimedia, and Internet computing. He is a founder and editor-in-chief of the Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (Springer). He has received several technical and publishing awards, and has consulted for many high-tech companies including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, General Electric, JPL, NASA, Honeywell, and RCA, and has been an expert witness for Cisco and Qualcomm. He has given many invited talks, keynote lectures, seminars, and tutorials, and served on the Board of Directors of several high-tech companies. Armando J. Escalante is SVP & Chief Technology Officer of Risk Solutions for the LexisNexis Group, a division of Reed Elsevier. In this position, Escalante is responsible for technology development, information systems and operations. Previously, Escalante was Chief Operating Officer for Seisint, a privately owned, Boca based company, which was purchased by LexisNexis in 2004. In this position, he was responsible for Technology, Development and Operations. Prior to 2001, Escalante served as Vice President of Engineering and Operations for Diveo Broadband Networks where he led world class Data Centers located in the U.S. and Latin America. Before Diveo Broadband Networks, Escalante was VP for one of the fastest growing divisions of Vignette Corporation, an eBusiness software leader. Escalante earned his bachelor's degree in electronic engineering at the USB in Caracas, Venezuela and a master's degree in computer science from Steven Institute of Technology as well as a master's in business administration from West Coast University.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2010
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2400 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byArmando Escalante,Borko Furht
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.