All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book resulted from a series of frustrations. Analytical electron microscopy requires exactly what its name implies: quantitative information to conduct an analysis. The frustrations arose when I started hunting for specific forms of equations in a form understandable to a n-crystaHographer, for definitions of subtle concepts related to crystallography, for intelligible interpretations of space group symbols and their significance. What I frequently discovered was that such information was buried in a giant tome and couched in terms familiar to crystallographers but t to electron microscopists in general, or it was located in an old reference t available in my library, or it was found in an out-of-print book, or it was in a Russian book longer available, etc. So to minimize the frustrations, I started a tebook containing the details, particularly after I had found forms of equations useful for quick calculations or equations in a form useful for proving, doing, or extending calculations found in a reference. The resulting tebook grew to a respectable size, requiring some organizing of the contents. Finally, the size became large eugh, and has proven useful eugh, to produce the tebook as a book.
- Author(s)Allen G. Jackson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.