All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe object of this book is to cover most of the currently relevant areas of data communications and networks. These include: * Communications protocols (especially TCP/IP)* Networking (especially in Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, FDDI and ATM)* Networking operating systems (especially in Windows NT, Novell NetWare and UNIX)* Communications programs (especially in serial communications, parallel communications and TCP/IP)* Computer hardware (especially in PC hardware, serial communications and parallel communication)The book thus splits into 15 different areas, these are: * General data compression (Chapters 2 and 3)* Video, images and sound (Chapters 4-11 )* Error coding and encryption (Chapters 12-17)* TCP/IP, WWW, Internets and Intranets (Chapters 18-20 and 23)* Electronic Mail (Chapter 21 )* HTML (Chapters 25 and 26)* Java (Chapters 27-29)* Communication Programs (Chapters 20, 29 and 49)* Network Operating Systems (Chapters 31-34)* LANs/WANs (Chapters 35, 38-46)* Serial Communications (Chapters 47 and 48)* Parallel Communications (Chapters 50-52)* Local Communications (Chapters 53-57)* Routing and Protocols (Chapters 36 and 37)* Cables and connectors (Chapters 58--60) Many handbooks and reference guides on the market contain endless tables and mathematics, or are dry to read and contain very little insight in their subject area. I have tried to make this book readable, but also contain key information which can be used by professionals.
- Author(s)William Buchanan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2053 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.