All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely Handbook is based on the principle that disasters are social constructions and focuses on social science disaster research. It provides an interdisciplinary approach to disasters with theoretical, methodological, and practical applications. Attention is given to conceptual issues dealing with the concept disaster and to methodological issues relating to research on disasters. These include Geographic Information Systems as a useful research tool and its implications for future research. This seminal work is the first interdisciplinary collection of disaster research as it stands w while outlining how the field will continue to grow.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleHandbooks of Sociology and Social Research
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1207 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byEnrico L. Quarantelli,Havidan Rodriguez,Russell Dynes
- Foreword byW.A. Anderson,P.J. Kennedy,E. Ressler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.