All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReviewing the state of the science in a dynamic, thriving field, this influential handbook integrates kwledge from multiple psychological subdisciplines. Foremost experts address the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion regulation and examine how individuals develop and use regulatory strategies across the lifespan. The social context of emotion regulation is explored, as are personality processes and individual differences. Critical implications are discussed for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and health. Including helpful cross-referencing among chapters, the volume describes cutting-edge methods and identifies promising directions for future investigation. As a special bonus, purchasers of the second edition can download a supplemental e-book featuring several table, highly cited chapters from the first edition. New to This Edition *Incorporates significant scientific advances and many new topics. *Greatly expanded coverage of clinical issues and applications. *Chapters on neural systems, delay of gratification, decision making, and health. *Chapters on adolescence, social baseline theory, and desire regulation, plus more.
- Author BiographyJames J. Gross, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at Stanford University and Director of the Stanford Psychophysiology Laboratory. He is a leading figure in the areas of emotion and emotion regulation and a recipient of early career awards from the American Psychological Association (APA), the Western Psychological Association, and the Society for Psychophysiological Research. A Bass University Fellow in Undergraduate Education and Director of the Stanford Psychology One Teaching Program, Dr. Gross has won numerous awards for his teaching, including the Dean's Award for Distinguished Teaching, the Phi Beta Kappa Teaching Prize, the Stanford Postdoctoral Mentoring Award, and the Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is the author of over 250 publications and is a Fellow in the Association for Psychological Science and the APA.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1208 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJames J. Gross
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.