All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Epistemic Cognition brings together leading work from across disciplines, to provide a comprehensive overview of an increasingly important topic: how people acquire, understand, justify, change, and use kwledge in formal and informal contexts. Research into inquiry, understanding, and discovery within academic disciplines has progressed from general models of conceptual change to a focus upon the learning trajectories that lead to expert-like conceptualizations, skills, and performance. Outside of academic domains, issues of who and what to believe, and how to integrate multiple sources of information into coherent and useful kwledge, have arisen as primary challenges of the 21st century. In six sections, scholars write within and across fields to focus and advance the role of epistemic cognition in education. With special attention to how researchers across disciplines can communicate and collaborate more effectively, this book will be an invaluable resource for anyone interested in the future of kwledge and kwing. Dr. Jeffrey A. Greene is an associate professor of Learning Sciences and Psychological Studies in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. William A. Sandoval is a professor in the division of Urban Schooling at the UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies. Dr. Ivar Braten is a professor of Educational Psychology at the Faculty of Educational Sciences at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- Author BiographyJeffrey A. Greene is an associate professor in the Learning Sciences and Psychological Studies program in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. William A. Sandoval is a professor in the division of Urban Schooling at the UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies. Ivar Braten is a professor of Educational Psychology at the Faculty of Educational Sciences at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducational Psychology Handbook
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight1111 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byIvar Braten,Jeffrey Greene,William Sandoval
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.