All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Fluid Dynamics offers balanced coverage of the three traditional areas of fluid dynamics-theoretical, computational, and experimental-complete with valuable appendices presenting the mathematics of fluid dynamics, tables of dimensionless numbers, and tables of the properties of gases and vapors. Each chapter introduces a different fluid dynamics topic, discusses the pertinent issues, outlines proven techniques for addressing those issues, and supplies useful references for further research. Covering all major aspects of classical and modern fluid dynamics, this fully updated Second Edition: * Reflects the latest fluid dynamics research and engineering applications * Includes new sections on emerging fields, most tably micro- and nafluidics * Surveys the range of numerical and computational methods used in fluid dynamics analysis and design * Expands the scope of a number of contemporary topics by incorporating new experimental methods, more numerical approaches, and additional areas for the application of fluid dynamics Handbook of Fluid Dynamics, Second Edition provides an indispensable resource for professionals entering the field of fluid dynamics. The book also enables experts specialized in areas outside fluid dynamics to become familiar with the field.
- Author BiographyRichard W. Johnson is a retired staff member of the Idaho National Laboratory. He also taught fluid dynamics and heat transfer courses for the University of Idaho and Idaho State University, and was a faculty member of the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Kansas. He was active in the CFD technical committee of the Fluids Engineering Division of the ASME, serving as the chair and vice-chair of the committee and helping to organize symposia. He earned his BA and MS from the University of Utah, and his PhD from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (England).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note812 black & white illustrations, 133 black & white tables
- Weight3048 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Edited byRichard W. Johnson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.