Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with case studies and problem calculations, Handbook of Food Processing: Food Safety, Quality, and Manufacturing Processes presents the information necessary to design food processing operations and describes the equipment needed to carry them out in detail. It covers the most common and new food manufacturing processes while addressing relevant food safety and quality issues. The inclusion of case studies and problem calculations in most chapters differentiates this book from other books on food processing and engineering. Highlights: * Handling and management of raw materials of foods * Sensory evaluation of foods * Hygiene and food sanitation * Case studies on the implementation of ISO22000, HACCP, and other management tools for the implementation of food safety-traceability * Food waste management case studies from the food industry along with life cycle analysis The book explores food manufacturing from dairy, bakery and confectionery, fruits and vegetables, and nalcoholic and alcoholic beverages to chocolate, oils and fats, meat, poultry, seafood, snacks, and functional foods with a case study on nutraceuticals. It presents an analysis of flavor production, highlighting the characterization of aroma compounds, the description of aroma compounds found in vegetables and fruits, and the reactions that thermally generate aroma in foods. It also examines food quality and safety requirements throughout, including raw materials handling, sensory evaluation of foods, hygiene and food sanitation, ISO22000, HACCP, and food waste management. The book helps you keep up with diverse consumer demands and rapidly developing markets.
- Author BiographyTheodoros Varzakas owns a Bachelor (Honours) in Microbiology and Biochemistry (1992), and a Ph.D. in Food Biotechnology and an MBA in Food from Reading University, UK (1998). He has also worked as a postdoctoral research staff at the same university. He has worked in large pharmaceutical and multinational food companies in Greece for 5 years and has also got at least 14 years experience in the public sector. Since 2005 he serves as Assistant and Associate Professor in the Department of Food Technology, Technological Educational Institute of Peloponnese (ex Kalamata), Greece specializing in issues of food technology, food processing, food quality and safety. Reviewer in many international journals such as (International Journal of Food Science & Technology, Journal of Food Engineering, Waste Management, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, Italian Journal of Food Science, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Journal of Food Quality, Food Chemistry, J. Food Science). Has written more than 90 research papers and reviews and has presented more than 90 papers and posters in national and international conferences. He has written two books in Greek, one on genetically modified food and another one on Quality control in food. He has edited a book on sweeteners which has been published in 2012 by CRC and another book on biosensors published by CRC in 2013. Constantina Tzia, received a diploma in chemical engineering and a Ph.D in food engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece in 1977 and 1987, respectively. His current research interests include quality and safety (HACCP) of foods, sensory evaluation, fats and oil, dairy and bakery technology, and utilization of food by-products. Professor Tzia's work has been widely published and presented, appearing in prestigious publications such as the Journal of Food Science, LWT - Food Science and Technology, Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, Food and Bioprocess Technology, and Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleContemporary Food Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note114 black & white illustrations, 53 black & white tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byConstantina Tzia,Theodoros Varzakas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.