All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative reference covers food-manufacturing principles, and details the processing and manufacturing of products in the fields of: Health, Meat, Milk, Poultry, Seafood, and Vegetables. Includes an overview of food manufacturing principles Presents details of commercial processing for each commodity including (where appropriate) a general introduction, ingredients, techlogies, types and evaluation of industrial products, special problems, types and evaluation of consumer products, and processing and product trends For each commodity, information includes the details of commercial processing of several representative foods.
- Author BiographyY.H. Hui, PhD, is the Senior Scientist at Science Technology System and has been the author or editor of many books in Food Science and Technology. Ramesh Chandan, PhD, is the president of Global Technologies, Inc., a consulting company in Food Science and Technology. He is the author or editor of four books on yogurt and other dairy products. Stephanie Clark, PhD, is an Associate Food Scientist and Associate Professor in the Deaprtment of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Washington State Univeristy in Pullman. Nanna Ailen Cross, PhD, RD, LD, is the President of Cross Associates, Inc., a nutritional consulting firm in Chicago, Illinois. Joannie Dobbs, PhD, is an Assistant Specialist in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences at the University of Hawaii in Manoa. William J. Hurst, PhD, is a consultant in Mt. Gretna, Pennsylvania. He was formerly a food scientist at Hershey Foods Corp. He has two Wiley titles on laboratory automation to his credit. Leo M.L. Nollet, PhD, is a Professor of Biotechnology at Hogeschool Gent in Belgium. He has edited or co-edited eight previous books in food science and technology. Eyal Shimoni, DSc, is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Biotechnology and Food Engineering at the Technion--Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel. Erika B. Smith, PhD, is the Technical Category Manager for the Dairy-Materials Development Group at General Mills, Inc in Champlin, Minnesota. Somjit Surapat, PhD, is the Head of the Department of Food Science and Technology ath Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand. Alan Titchenal, PhD, CNS, is an Instructor and Nutrition Specialist in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences at the University of Hawaii in Manoa. He has co-authored three previous books on nutrition and fitness. Fidel Toldra, PhD, is a Research Professor and the Head of the Laboratory of Meat Science at the Institute of Agrochemistry and Technology of Food (CSIC) in Valencia, Spain, and is also Associate Professor of Food Technology at the Polytechnical University of Valencia.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2007
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2234 g
- Width186 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Edited byY. H. Hui
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.