Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFull-field optical coherence microscopy (FF-OCM) is an imaging technique that provides cross-sectional views of the subsurface microstructure of semitransparent objects. The techlogy is based on low-coherence interference microscopy, which uses an area camera for en face imaging of the full-field illuminated object. FF-OCM benefits from the lateral imaging resolution of optical microscopy along with the capacity of optical axial sectioning at micrometer-scale resolution. The technique can be employed in diverse applications, in particular for n-invasive examination of biological tissues. This handbook is the first to be entirely devoted to FF-OCM. It is organized into four parts with a total of 21 chapters written by recognized experts and major contributors to the field. After a general introduction to FF-OCM, the fundamental characteristics of the techlogy are analyzed and discussed theoretically. The main techlogical developments of FF-OCM for improving the image acquisition speed and for endoscopic imaging are presented in part II. Extensions of FF-OCM for image contrast enhancement or functional imaging are reported in part III. The last part of the book provides an overview of possible applications of FF-OCM in medicine, biology, and materials science. A comprehensive compilation of self-contained chapters written by leading experts, this handbook is a definitive guide to the theoretical analyses, techlogical developments, and applications of FF-OCM. Using the rich information the book is replete with, a wide range of readers, from scientists and physicists to engineers as well as clinicians and biomedical researchers, can get a handle on the latest major advances in FF-OCM.
- Author BiographyArnaud Dubois is a professor at Institut d'Optique Graduate School in Palaiseau, France. He received his PhD from Paris-Saclay University in 1997. His current research interests concern biophotonics and optical imaging. A pioneer in full-field optical coherence microscopy in the early 2000s, Prof. Dubois has since been a major contributor to the development of this technology. In 2014 he co-founded DAMAE Medical, a company working on an innovative optical coherence microscopy technique for in situ diagnosis of skin diseases. He is the author or coauthor of more than 100 research articles and 12 book chapters. He has participated in about 200 conferences and has 5 patents to his credit. His teaching activities cover most aspects of optics at the master's level.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note239 black & white illustrations, 81 colour illustrations
- Weight1252 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byArnaud Dubois
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.