All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany computer scientists, engineers, applied mathematicians, and physicists use geometry theory and geometric computing methods in the design of perception-action systems, intelligent automous systems, and man-machine interfaces. This handbook brings together the most recent advances in the application of geometric computing for building such systems, with contributions from leading experts in the important fields of neuroscience, neural networks, image processing, pattern recognition, computer vision, uncertainty in geometric computations, conformal computational geometry, computer graphics and visualization, medical imagery, geometry and robotics, and reaching and motion planning. For the first time, the various methods are presented in a comprehensive, unified manner. This handbook is highly recommended for postgraduate students and researchers working on applications such as automated learning; geometric and fuzzy reasoning; human-like artificial vision; tele-operation; space maneuvering; haptics; rescue robots; man-machine interfaces; tele-immersion; computer- and robotics-aided neurosurgery or orthopedics; the assembly and design of humaids; and systems for metalevel reasoning.
- Author BiographyResearcher in geometric computing for cognitive systems Full Professor at the Computer Science Department of the Center of Research and Advanced Studies CINVESTAV, Guadalajara, Mexico Author and editor of books on geometric computing for computer science and engineering, reviewer, chair and active organiser of workshops and conferences on geometric computing for fields related to the design and building of perception action systems. Areas of research interest: pattern recognition, computer vision, neurocomputing, robotics, multidimensional image analysis, applications of Lie algebras and Clifford geometric algebra to cognitive systems.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/07/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1352 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byEduardo Bayro Corrochano
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.