All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the ten years since the publication of the best-selling first edition, more than 1,000 graph theory papers have been published each year. Reflecting these advances, Handbook of Graph Theory, Second Edition provides comprehensive coverage of the main topics in pure and applied graph theory. This second edition-over 400 pages longer than its predecessor-incorporates 14 new sections. Each chapter includes lists of essential definitions and facts, accompanied by examples, tables, remarks, and, in some cases, conjectures and open problems. A bibliography at the end of each chapter provides an extensive guide to the research literature and pointers to mographs. In addition, a glossary is included in each chapter as well as at the end of each section. This edition also contains tes regarding termilogy and tation. With 34 new contributors, this handbook is the most comprehensive single-source guide to graph theory. It emphasizes quick accessibility to topics for n-experts and enables easy cross-referencing among chapters.
- Author BiographyJonathan Gross is a professor of computer science at Columbia University. A recipient of numerous awards and research grants, Dr. Gross is the coauthor of several books and the inventor of the voltage graph, a construct widely used in topological graph theory and other areas. His current research interests include the genus distribution of graphs, computer graphics, and knot theory. Jay Yellen is the Archibald Granville Bush Professor of Mathematics at Rollins College, where he has received several teaching and research awards. Dr. Yellen has coauthored one book with Dr. Gross, written materials for IBM courses, and conducted workshops for secondary-school mathematics teachers. His current research interests include graph theory, discrete optimization, and graph algorithms for software testing and course timetabling. Ping Zhang is a professor of mathematics at Western Michigan University. Dr. Zhang has coauthored five books. Her research interests include algebraic combinatorics and colorings, distance and convexity, traversability, decompositions, and domination within graph theory.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- Series TitleDiscrete Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number83
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note435 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables
- Weight2880 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine76 mm
- Edited byJay Yellen,Jonathan L. Gross,Ping Zhang
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.