All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Human and Social Conditions in Assessment is the first book to explore assessment issues and opportunities occurring due to the real world of human, cultural, historical, and societal influences upon assessment practices, policies, and statistical modeling. With chapters written by experts in the field, this book engages with numerous forms of assessment: from classroom-level formative assessment practices to national accountability and international comparative testing practices all of which are significantly influenced by social and cultural conditions. A unique and timely contribution to the field of Educational Psychology, the Handbook of Human and Social Conditions in Assessment is written for researchers, educators, and policy makers interested in how social and human complexity affect assessment at all levels of learning. Organized into four sections, this volume examines assessment in relation to teachers, students, classroom conditions, and cultural factors. Each section is comprised of a series of chapters, followed by a discussant chapter that synthesizes key ideas and offers directions for future research. Taken together, the chapters in this volume demonstrate that teachers, test creators, and policy makers must account for the human and social conditions that shape assessment if they are to implement successful assessment practices which accomplish their intended outcomes.
- Author BiographyGavin T. L. Brown is Professor and Director of the Quantitative Data Analysis and Research Unit in the Faculty of Education and Social Work at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Lois R. Harris is a Senior Post-doctoral Research Fellow within the School of Education and the Arts at Central Queensland University, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducational Psychology Handbook
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight1108 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byGavin T.L. Brown,Lois R. Harris
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.