All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionVirtually every question in social psychology is currently being shaped by the concepts and methods of implicit social cognition. This tightly edited volume provides the first comprehensive overview of the field. Foremost authorities synthesize the latest findings on how automatic, implicit, and unconscious cognitive processes influence social judgments and behavior. Cutting-edge theories and data are presented in such crucial areas as attitudes, prejudice and stereotyping, self-esteem, self-concepts, close relationships, and morality. Describing state-of-the-art measurement procedures and research designs, the book discusses promising applications in clinical, forensic, and other real-world contexts. Each chapter both sums up what is kwn and identifies key directions for future research.
- Author BiographyBertram Gawronski, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. His research investigates the mental underpinnings and behavioral consequences of spontaneous and deliberate evaluations of objects, individuals, groups, and social issues. Dr. Gawronski's work has been recognized with honors including the Theoretical Innovation Prize from SPSP, the Career Trajectory Award from SESP, the Early Career Award from the International Social Cognition Network, the Early Researcher Award from the Ministry of Research and Innovation of Ontario, and the Charlotte-and-Karl-Buhler Award from the German Psychological Society. He is a fellow of APS, SESP, and SPSP.B. Keith Payne, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His research is concerned with the development of innovative approaches for studying automatic and controlled processes underpinning social behavior. Dr. Payne is a recipient of the Early Career Award from the International Social Cognition Network and the SAGE Young Scholars Award from the Foundation for Social and Personality Psychology and Sage Publications. He was profiled as a Rising Star in psychology in the Association for Psychological Science Observerand was cited by the Observer as one of the Top Ten most highly cited Social/Personality Psychologists at the Assistant Professor rank in the United States.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1246 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byBertram Gawronski,Keith B. Payne
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.