All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise handbook provides an overview of incretin-based therapies and guidance for incorporating them into the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Chapters include landmark clinical trials and international treatment guidelines in order to update readers with all major advances in the field. An ideal resource for medical professionals that treat patients with type 2 diabetes in hospital and clinical settings.
- Author BiographyStephen Gough is Professor of Diabetes at the University of Oxford and Consultant Physician at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust. Professor Gough graduated in medicine from Leeds University Medical School, where he was later awarded a higher degree Doctorate in Medicine, which focused on cardiac dysfunction and abnormalities in coagulation and fibrinolysis present at the time of diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. He is currently based at the Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, where he is a practicing clinician in diabetes. His research interests and ongoing research studies include translational aspects of diabetes, with a focus on the physiology of islet cell and whole organ pancreas transplantation, incretin biology, and incretin therapies in diabetes. Professor Gough has previously had a strong interest in the genetic susceptibility to autoimmunity and this work has been extended into his work on pancreas transplantation. He has published his research extensively in peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to many national and international conferences and books on diabetes. In recent years, Professor Gough has helped develop translation research in diabetes in Oxford through a number of local and national initiatives, including the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre, and he is Clinical Lead in Diabetes for the Oxford Academic Health Science Network and the Oxford Local Clinical Research Network. Addendum Since editing this book, Professor Gough has taken up the position of Senior Principal Clinical Scientist with Novo Nordisk. He continues as Visiting Professor of Diabetes at the University of Oxford and Honorary Consultant with the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight124 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byStephen Gough
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.99Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.