All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive, one-stop reference for cutting-edge research in integrated risk management, modern applications, and best practices In the field of business, the ever-growing dependency on global supply chains has created new challenges that traditional risk management must be equipped to handle. Handbook of Integrated Risk Management in Global Supply Chains uses a multi-disciplinary approach to present an effective way to manage complex, diverse, and interconnected global supply chain risks. Contributions from leading academics and researchers provide an action-based framework that captures real issues, implementation challenges, and concepts emerging from industry studies.The handbook is divided into five parts: * Foundations and Overview introduces risk management and discusses the impact of supply chain disruptions on corporate performance * Integrated Risk Management: Operations and Finance Interface explores the joint use of operational and financial hedging of commodity price uncertainties * Supply Chain Finance discusses financing alternatives and the role of financial services in procurement contracts; inventory management and capital structure; and bank financing of inventories * Operational Risk Management Strategies outlines supply risks and challenges in decentralized supply chains, such as competition and misalignment of incentives between buyers and suppliers * Industrial Applications presents examples and case studies that showcase the discussed methodologies Each topic's presentation includes an introduction, key theories, formulas, and applications. Discussions conclude with a summary of the main concepts, a real-world example, and professional insights into common challenges and best practices. Handbook of Integrated Risk Management in Global Supply Chains is an essential reference for academics and practitioners in the areas of supply chain management, global logistics, management science, and industrial engineering who gather, analyze, and draw results from data. The handbook is also a suitable supplement for operations research, risk management, and financial engineering courses at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Author BiographyPANOS KOUVELIS, PhD, is Emerson Distinguished Professor of Operations and Manufacturing Management in the Olin Business School of Washington University in St. Louis, where he also serves as Director of the Boeing Center for Technology, Information and Manufacturing. LINGXIU DONG, PhD, is Associate Professor of Operations and Manufacturing Management in the Olin Business School of Washington University in St. Louis. ONUR OYABATLI, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Operations Management in the Lee Kong Chian School of Business at Singapore Management University. RONG LI, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Operations Management in the Lee Kong Chian School of Business at Singapore Management University.
- Author(s)Lingxiu Dong,Onur Boyabatli,Panos Kouvelis,Rong Li
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1012 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.