All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of the Handbook of International Research in Mathematics Education provides a comprehensive overview of the most recent theoretical and practical developments in the field of mathematics education. Authored by an array of internationally recognized scholars and edited by Lyn English and David Kirshner, this collection brings together overviews and advances in mathematics education research spanning established and emerging topics, diverse workplace and school environments, and globally representative research priorities. New perspectives are presented on a range of critical topics including embodied learning, the theory-practice divide, new developments in the early years, educating future mathematics education professors, problem solving in a 21st century curriculum, culture and mathematics learning, complex systems, critical analysis of design-based research, multimodal techlogies, and e-textbooks. Comprised of 12 revised and 17 new chapters, this edition extends the Handbook's original themes for international research in mathematics education and remains in the process a definitive resource for the field.
- Author BiographyLyn D. English is a professor of STEM in education within the Faculty of Education at Queensland University of Technology, Australia. She is a fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia and the founding editor of the international journal Mathematical Thinking and Learning. David Kirshner is a professor in the School of Education at Louisiana State University, USA, and co-director of the Gordon A. Cain Center for Scientific, Mathematical, Engineering, and Technological Literacy at that institution.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note28 black & white tables
- Weight1474 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byDavid Kirshner,Lyn D. English
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.