All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last few decades magnetism has seen an ermous expansion into a variety of different areas of research, tably the magnetism of several classes of vel materials that share with truly ferromagnetic materials only the presence of magnetic moments. Volume 23 of the Handbook of Magnetic Materials, like the preceding volumes, has a dual purpose. With contributions from leading authorities in the field, it includes a variety of self-contained introductions to a given area in the field of magnetism without requiring recourse to the published literature. It is also a reference for scientists active in magnetism research, providing readers with vel trends and achievements in magnetism. In each of these articles an extensive description is given in graphical as well as in tabular form, with much emphasis being placed on the discussion of the experimental material within the framework of physics, chemistry and material science.
- Author BiographyProfessor Kurt Heinz Jurgen Buschow is a member of the Experimental Physics Department of the University of Amsterdam, where he teaches Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. He studied Physical Chemistry at the Free University of Amsterdam, starting in 1954. After having received his M.Sc. degree in 1960 he prepared his thesis work dealing with Ion-pair Formation with Polyacene Mono and Dinegative Ions . He received his Ph.D. degree at the Free University in 1963. In 1964 he held a research position at the Philips Research Laboratories in Eindhoven. He was appointed Senior Scientist in 1976 and Chief Scientist in 1988. His research activities comprised fundamental as well as applied aspects. During this period he stayed for one year (1977) as a guest scientist at the Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, N.Y. In March 1994 he left the Philips Research Laboratories, taking a position at the Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute, University of Amsterdam and having simultaneously a part-time professorship at the University of Leiden. His teaching activities are in the field of Metal Physics and Magnetic Materials. He has published more than 1100 papers in international scientific journals and is author of several review papers and handbook chapters on magnetic materials, metal hydrides and amorphous alloys. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Advisory Editor of the Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials and is also Editor of the Series Handbook Magnetic Materials. Recently he became one of the Editors-in-Chief of the Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- Series TitleHandbook of Magnetic Materials
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byK. H. J. Buschow
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.