All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA significant update of the 1990 classic state-of-the-art handbook on medical anthropology. With new chapters on AIDS, psychology and emotion, nutrition, and bioethics, the text reflects the changes in medical anthropological theory and practice since the late 1980s. Chapters from the first edition are revised to reflect current trends and to include recent references. This work demonstrates the creative expansion and diversity in the field, amidst efforts to explore the individual sickness experience in the context of local cultures and global political and ecomic dynamics.
- Author BiographyCAROLYN F. SARGENT is Professor of Anthropology at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. THOMAS M. JOHNSON is Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Alabama Medical School.
- Author(s)Carolyn F. Sargent,T. Mark Johnson
- Date of Publication07/05/1996
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight977 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.