All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe rst edition of the Handbook of Metaheuristics was published in 2003 under the editorship of Fred Glover and Gary A. Kochenberger. Given the numerous - velopments observed in the eld of metaheuristics in recent years, it appeared that the time was ripe for a second edition of the Handbook. For different reasons, Fred and Gary were unable to accept Springer's invitation to prepare this second e- tion and they suggested that we should take over the editorship responsibility of the Handbook. We are deeply hored and grateful for their trust. As stated in the rst edition, metaheuristics are solution methods that orch- trate an interaction between local improvement procedures and higher level stra- gies to create a process capable of escaping from local optima and performing a robust search of a solution space. Although this broad characterization still holds today, many new and exciting developments and extensions have been observed in the last few years. We think in particular to hybrids, which take advantage of the strengths of each of their individual metaheuristic components to better explore the solution space. Hybrids of metaheuristics with other optimization techniques, like branch-and-bound, mathematical programming or constraint programming are also increasingly popular. On the front of applications, metaheuristics are w used to nd high-quality solutions to an ever-growing number of complex, ill-de ned re- world problems, in particular combinatorial ones.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number146
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1009 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byJean-Yves Potvin,Michel Gendreau
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.