All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearchers in academia and industry who are interested in techniques for measuring intermolecular forces will find this an essential text. It presents a review of modern force spectroscopy, including fundamentals of intermolecular forces, technical aspects of the force measurements, and practical applications. The handbook begins with a review of the fundamental physics of loading single and multiple chemical bonds on the nameter scale. It contains a discussion of thermodynamic and kinetic models of binding forces and dissipation effects in nascale molecular contacts, covers practical aspects of modern single-molecule level techniques, and concludes with applications of force spectroscopy to chemical and biological processes. Computer modeling of force spectroscopy experiments is also addressed.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight797 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAleksandr Noy
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.