All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Motivation at School presents the first comprehensive and integrated compilation of theory and research on children's motivation at school. It covers the major theoretical perspectives in the field as well as their application to instruction, learning, and social adjustment at school. Key Features: Comprehensive - other book provides such a comprehensive overview of theory and research on children's motivation at school. Theoretical & Applied - the book provides a review of current motivation theories by the developers of those theories as well as attention to the application of motivation theory and research in classrooms and schools. Chapter Structure - chapters within each section follow a similar structure so that there is uniformity across chapters. Commentaries - each section ends with a commentary that provides clear directions for future research.
- Author BiographyKathryn Wentzel (Ph.D Stanford University) is Professor of Human Development at the University of Maryland. Her research interests focus on parents, peers, and teachers as motivators of adolescent's classroom behavior and academic accomplishments. She is currently Co-Editor of the Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, is past Vice-President of Division E of AERA, and a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, Division 15. Allan Wigfield (PhD University of Illinois) is Professor and Chair of the Department of Human Development and Distinguished Scholar-Teacher at the University of Maryland. His research focuses on how children's motivation develops across the school years in different areas, including reading. He currently edits the Teaching, Learning, and Human Development section of the American Educational Research Journal. He is a Fellow of Division 15 of APA, a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, and a Fellow of the American Educational Research Association.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/07/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducational Psychology Handbook
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Out-of-print date19/09/2016
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight1247 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byAllan Wigfield,David B. Miele,Kathryn R. Wentzel
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.