Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $106.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Multicultural Counseling is considered a classic text and is likely the world's most often cited scholarly work on multicultural counseling. The new third edition is completely revised and expanded, with 58 brand new chapters covering state-of-the art advances in theory, ethics, research, measurement, and clinical practice and assessment in multicultural counseling and therapy. Features: Latest developments on theory, research, and measurement of racial, ethnic, multiracial, and gay/lesbian identity development. An expanded research section covering quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research designs. New chapters outlining how to both design and translate psychological instruments for multicultural research. The latest ethical updates with regard to practice and research. Applied guidelines for clinical practice and assessment across the lifespan. Recent advances in multicultural career counseling across the lifespan. Updates on spirituality and multicultural counseling. Twelve new lifestories of multicultural pioneers who have helped shape the advancement of multicultural practice, research, and social advocacy. Contributing chapter authors represent nationally and internationally rewned researchers, clinicians, administrators, and social justice advocates.
- Author BiographyJoe Ponterotto is Professor and Coordinator of the Counseling Psychology Program at Fordham University's Graduate School of Education. Prior to his arrival at Fordham in 1987, he was Assistant Professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Active in APA and ACA, Joe is also the author of numerous journal articles and books and coeditor of Sage's Handbook of Multicultural Counseling. J. Manuel Casas is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has published extensively on sociocultural, psychological, and contextual factors that negatively affect ethnic/racial populations including immigrants. He counteracts the negativity of these factors by directing attention to resiliency factors that can help these populations lead sound and healthy lives. His work has been widely cited both within and outside of the United States. Lisa A. Suzuki Is an associate professor in the Department of Applied Psychology at New York University. She is co-editor with Dr. Joseph Ponterotto of the Handbook of Multicultural Assessment: Clinical, Psychological and Educational Applications now in its third edition. She is also co-editor of Qualitative Strategies for Ethnocultural Research with Drs. Nagata and Kohn-Wood. Her main research interests have been in the areas of multicultural assessment and qualitative research methods. Charlene Alexander is the Associate Provost for Diversity and Professor of Counseling Psychology at Ball State University where she is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives to support the diversity efforts of the university. Her research interests are in the areas of multicultural counseling, school counseling and the impact of immersive learning experiences on counseling students' multicultural competency development.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/10/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date30/08/2016
- Weight1474 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCharlene M. Alexander,J. Manuel Casas,Joseph G. Ponterotto,Lisa A. Suzuki
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.