Handbook of Nanosafety: Measurement, Exposure and Toxicology by Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $143.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $265.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Nasafety: Measurement, Exposure and Toxicology, written by leading international experts in nasafety, provides a comprehensive understanding of engineered namaterials (ENM), current international nasafety regulation, and how ENM can be safely handled in the workplace. Increasingly, the importance of safety needs to be considered when promoting the use of vel techlogies like ENM. With its use of case studies and exposure scenarios, Handbook of Nasafety demonstrates techniques to assess exposure and risks and how these assessments can be applied to improve workers' safety. Topics covered include the effects of ENM on human health, characterization of ENM, aerosol dynamics and measurement, exposure and risk assessment, and safe handling of ENM. Based on outcomes from the Nadevice initiative, this is an essential resource for those who need to apply current natoxicological thinking in the workplace and anyone who advises on nasafety, such as professionals in toxicology, occupational safety and risk assessment. Multi-authored book, written by leading researchers in the field of natoxicology and nasafety. It features state-of-the-art physical and chemical characterization of engineered namaterials (ENM). It develops strategies for exposure assessment, risk assessment and risk management. It includes practical case studies and exposure scenarios to demonstrate how you can safely use ENM in the workplace.
- Author BiographyKai Savolainen is Research Professor, Nanosafety Research, at the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health. He obtained his Dr. Sci. degree in medicine and surgery from the University of Helsinki in 1981, and his Ph.D. degree in toxicology from the University of Kansas, USA, in 1987. His research covers inflammatory and genetic effects, and risk assessment of nanomaterials. He has served in numerous scientific expert committees, and has led several large research consortia on nanosafety. He also coordinates the EU NanoSafety Cluster, a platform of all EU FP-funded nanosafety projects.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDerk Brouwer,Kai Savolainen,Markus Berges,Martie van Tongeren,Qinglan Wu,Ulla Vogel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.