All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental, genetic, psychological, and societal factors interact to produce obesity, a chronic condition of epidemic proportions. The Handbook of Obesity Intervention for the Lifespan guides professionals in meeting this complex challenge with a multidisciplinary palette of evidence-based interventions that can be tailored to men and women across the lifespan, regardless of background. This unique reference combines salient research data and hands-on clinical applications for use with overweight patients, from the very young to the very old, and includes a treatment resources section with extra materials to bolster therapy-all geared toward respectful, encouraging treatment and lasting weight-loss results.
- Author BiographyLarry James, Ph.D, ABPP, is the Dean School of Professional Psychology Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA. Previously a chair of the Department of Psychology at Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu . He also holds adjunct appointments at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences School of Medicine, Howard University Hospital, University of West Florida, American School of Professional Psychology, University of Hawaii, and Hawaii Pacific University. He is President-elect of the American Board of Health Psychology, on the Board of Trustees of the American Board of Professional Psychology, on the Board of Directors of Division 38 (Health Psychology) of the American Psychological Association, and a member of the Presidential Task Force on Psychological Ethics and National Security. He is an Associate Editor on the Journal of Military Psychology (Division 19 of the American Psychological Association) and has received numerous professional, military, and athletic honors. John Linton, Ph.D, ABPP is Vice Chair and Professor in the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, West Virginia University School of Medicine. In addition, he serves as Director of Predoctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, Director of Medical Education, and Chief Psychologist at the same institution. He is on the APA Council of Representatives for 2007-2010, is an APA/Red Cross state disaster mental health coordinator, and is President (2006) of the Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers (a section of Division 12 of APA). From 1979 through 1994 he was Editor of The Health Psychologist.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight493 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJohn Linton,Larry C. James
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.