Handbook of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $441.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $766.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pursuit of more efficient telecommunications has resulted in a major research push towards communication systems that are lighter, faster, more reliable and cheaper. This has given rise to great advances in devices and in fibre optics. A spin off of this research is the development of optical sensors, which use photonic materials and concepts. Optical sensors have wide--ranging applications in various fields including telecommunications, civil engineering, chemical industry, biomedical applications and the electrical power industry. This comprehensive handbook, written by a wide spectrum of leading international researchers, offers a clear understanding of the theory as well as focusing on the many practical applications throughout the industry. The book is organised into four main sections: -- aeo Preliminary: Offers an overview of Fiber Optic Sensing Techlogy, the applications where it can be used successfully and also serves as an overall introduction to the handbook. This section also analyses current publications in the field. aeo Fundamentals of Photonics and Components for Sensing: Describes the photonic concepts and components needed in order to carried out the understanding, the design, and to realise photonic sensor systems. aeo Principles and Techniques for Sensing: Provides the principles and techniques in which the photonic sensing techlogy is based in order to understand how sensors work and how sensors can be made. aeo Applications: An ample overview of the developments which are successfully taking place in laboratory and field trials, as well as the available sensors in the current market and the future trends in this field. Applications are featured throughout the text, and this section focuses primarily on niche applications. This handbook would prove to be a valuable reference resource for researchers, engineers and postgraduate students in fibre optical sensing, as well as practising engineers in optical communications and electronic engineering, civil engineering, aerospace industry, biomedicine and robotics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2002
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1752 g
- Width205 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byJose Miguel Lopez-Higuera
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.