All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing interest in organic foods has created a need for this book, the first practical manual to cover the processing of organic food and drink. The book shows how a company can process organic foods, emphasising ecomic and legal considerations. The authors have been selected for their extensive 'hands-on' experience of organic food processing. By demystifying the processing of organic foods this book will encourage those from outside the current organic food industry to become involved. An initial introduction to organic food is followed by a review of organic legislation (chapter 2) and the organic certification process (chapter 3). The following six chapters cover the major organic commodity groups: Fruit and Vegetables, Cereal Products, Meat and Meat Products, Dairy Products, Other Processed Foods and Alcoholic Drinks. Chapter 10 is devoted to developments in the USA. Finally there is an extensive directory, giving details of the major players and organic organisations throughout the world. The book will appeal to technical and marketing personnel in organic food and drink processing companies, as well as their counterparts in companies who want to become involved. Other people who will find this book of interest include retailers who sell organic foods; farmers who grow organic crops; lecturers and students of Food Science and Food Tech- logy; lecturers and students of Agriculture; and anyone who wants an introduction to this rapidly developing sector of the food industry.
- Author(s)Simon Wright
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight355 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.