All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook provides a short, contemporary text on the management of dentofacial deformities. The importance of a well organised, inter-disciplinary approach is emphasised throughout and the following key areas are presented: * A detailed account of the role of the psychologist, from initial assessment through to post-operative support. * A systematic approach to dentofacial assessment, including a section on diagstic records and an overview of cephalometry. * A logical step-by-step approach to treatment planning, emphasising the interactive thought process required when setting orthodontic and surgical objectives. * The fundamentals of surgical orthodontics, with the scope and limitations of orthodontic appliances clearly explained for each phase of treatment. * A description of orthognathic technical procedures and how potential errors can be minimised in order to improve the accuracy of model surgery. * An account of how to carry out photo-cephalometric profile prediction planning, including a critique of the method. * A detailed description of the full range of mandibular and maxillary orthognathic surgical procedures, including indications and complications. * A chapter on higher-level osteotomies for the treatment of more severe craniofacial abrmalities is included for completeness. * A series of six contrasting case studies. There is an emphasis on the techlogical advances that are rapidly enabling the global paradigm shift from 2D to 3D planning.
- Author BiographyAshraf Ayoub, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, the University of Glasgow, the UK. Balvinder Khambay, Associate professor of Orthodontics, the University of Hong Kong. Philip Benington, Consultant in Orthodontics, GlasgowUniversityDentalHospital & School, the UK. Lyndia Green, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, the UK. Khursheed Moos, Honorary Clinical Research Fellow, the University of Glasgow, the UK. Fraser Walker, Consultant Maxillofacial Prosthetist, the regional maxillofacial unit at the Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, the UK.
- Author(s)Ashraf Ayoub,Balvinder Khambay,Fraser Walker,Khursheed Moos,Lyndia Green,Philip Benington
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight604 g
- Width192 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.