All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a world-recognised expert in the field of osteoporosis, who has published extensively, and is recognized as a key opinion leader. Aimed at primary care physicians, rheumatologists, orthopaedic surgeons, geriatricians, endocrilogists, and nurse specialists who wish to keep up to date in the prevention and management of osteoporosis High quality clinical photos and figures to enhance descriptions and aid diagsis Written by a well-kwn author During the mepause, both the quantity and quality of bone decline rapidly, leading to a dramatic increase in the risk of fracture in postmepausal women. Although many factors are kwn to be associated with osteoporotic fractures, measures to identify and treat women at risk are underused in clinical practice. Consequently, osteoporosis is frequently t detected until a fracture occurs. Identification of postmepausal women at high risk of fracture therefore is a priority. The Handbook of Osteoporosis reviews the risk factors, and lifestyle changes that can help prevent osteoporosis and evaluates the pharmacological treatments currently available.
- Author BiographyDavid M Reid, MD, FRCPEdin, FRCPLon, holds a Personal Chair of Rheumatology at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK. He is Head of the Division of Applied Medicine at the University of Aberdeen. He graduated in 1975 from the University of Aberdeen and after academic training at the University of Edinburgh returned to Aberdeen in 1983. He has published over 200 original papers and reviews, largely on his current research interests which include the utility of bone mass assessment, assessment of risk of fracture, secondary osteoporosis and the assessment of long-term disease activity and drug adverse effects in rheumatic diseases. He is the current chairman of the Board of Trustees of the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS) and has recently taken the lead in the NOS-endorsed guidelines on breast cancer treatment induced bone loss management.
- Author(s)David Reid
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Notebiography
- Weight163 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.