Handbook of Pathology and Pathophysiology of Cardiovascular Disease by Jacobo Abadi, Maria A. Lamberti-Abadi, Stephen M. Factor (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $414.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $570.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAutopsy derives from the greek word autopsia, which means act of seeing with one's own eyes. It remains the most objective and accurate method to understand human. disease. Unfortunately, the volume of autopsies in teaching hospitals has decreased dramatically over the past years. The crucial factors that account for this are the recent progress and development of new techlogies, especially in diagstic imaging, immulogy, cell biology and genetics. Additionally, the perpetual fear of legal liability by physicians accounts for its further decline. Consequently, physicians and medical students are engaged in fewer autopsies and are t reaping the rich educational rewards that accompany these examinations. The purpose of the autopsy is t only to establish the cause of death, but also to determine the nature and course of the disease process. Our goal with this book is to emphasize the importance of the post-mortem exam and the correlation between pathologic material and clinical data by analyzing actual cases with problem-based methodology. The focus of this handbook is on cardiovascular disease, and when appropriate, other disease categories are included if they have an impact on cardiovascular function. The approach is more than the usual clinico-pathological correlation. Rather, we attempt to present the material from the perspective of the autopsy table. We use the clinical data as the initial framework and the autopsy findings to develop a true understanding of the disease and the associated pathophysiology of the condition.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen Factor is a founding member and former president of the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology and the founding editor of the journal 'Cardiovascular Pathology'. Dr. Maria Lamberti-Abadi is a diagnostic pathologist and cytopathologist with special interest and publications in cardiovascular disease and gynecologic pathology. Dr. Jacopo Abadi has extensive clinical and research interests in infectious disease.
- Author(s)Jacobo Abadi,Maria A. Lamberti-Abadi,Stephen M. Factor
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number240
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.