Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by targetbooks450
- Est. delivery by 27 Feb
- AU $123.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of this internationally recognised volume offers comprehensive guidance to the successful management of the child in the clinical dental setting. Prepared by authors of international rewn, the Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry takes the reader far beyond the technical skills that are needed to treat disorders of the childhood dentition and instead delivers a whole philosophy of integrative patient care. Richly illustrated and in full colour throughout, the Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry is written in a friendly 'how to' manner and contains useful 'pull out' boxes to act as useful aide-memoires. Exploring a variety of topics, the book includes discussion of child development, practical communication skills and advice on how to deal with behavioural problems. Clinical topics include the management of caries, fluoridation, restorative dentistry, pulp therapy, trauma management, oral medicine and pathology, dental amalies, and the treatment of medically compromised children. Chapters also explore the use of orthodontics, the management of cleft lip and palate and speech, language and swallowing. The Handbook of Paediatric Dentistry has become an essential chairside and bedside companion for all practitioners caring for children and is suitable for undergraduate dental students, general dental practitioners, specialist paediatric dentists, orthodontists and paediatricians.
- Author BiographyAngus Cameron completed dentistry at the University of Sydney in 1984 and began work as a junior dental officer at Westmead. He joined the Department of Paediatric Dentistry as a registrar in 1987 and was the first to complete the Master of Dental Science degree in Paediatric Dentistry in NSW in 1991. Angus was appointed a specialist in 1992 and became Head of Department in 1997. He is currently Clinical Associate Professor and Head of Paediatric Dentistry at the University of Sydney and Visiting Senior Specialist at the Children's Hospital at Westmead. Angus was also appointed Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Adelaide and is currently the Registrar (Special Field Streams) of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. In 2007, he was elected a Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Angus is co-editor of the Handbook of Paediatric Dentistry, now in its 3rd edition and translated into six languages. His major clinical interests are in the areas of paediatric oral medicine and pathology, dental anomalies and craniofacial biology. Dr Widmer received his Bachelors Degree from the University of Melbourne and his Masters Degree in Paediatric Dentistry also from the University of Melbourne. The majority of his paediatric clinical practice over the last 25 years has been at the Westmead Centre for Oral Health and The Children's Hospital at Westmead. He is a very active clinician and lecturer, presenting to students and graduates in all branches of the health sciences, as well as being invited to present at conferences, both locally and internationally. Dr Widmer is currently the Associate Clinical Professor in Paediatric Dentistry at the University of Sydney and Director of the Dental Department at The Children's Hospital at Westmead. He is a past President of the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry , the Australasian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry.
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication19/08/2013
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteApprox. 565 illustrations (375 in full color)
- Weight953 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAngus C. Cameron,Richard Widmer
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.