All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of the previous editions of the Handbook of Photosynthesis, many new ideas on photosynthesis have emerged in the past decade that have drawn the attention of experts and researchers on the subject as well as interest from individuals in other disciplines. Updated to include 37 original chapters and making extensive revisions to the chapters that have been retained, 90% of the material in this edition is entirely new. With contributions from over 100 authors from around the globe, this book covers the most recent important research findings. It details all photosynthetic factors and processes under rmal and stressful conditions, explores the relationship between photosynthesis and other plant physiological processes, and relates photosynthesis to plant production and crop yields. The third edition also presents an extensive new section on the molecular aspects of photosynthesis, focusing on photosystems, photosynthetic enzymes, and genes. New chapters on photosynthesis in lower and mocellular plants as well as in higher plants are included in this section. The book also addresses growing concerns about excessive levels and high accumulation rates of carbon dioxide due to industrialization. It considers plant species with the most efficient photosynthetic pathways that can help improve the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Completely overhauled from its bestselling predecessors, the Handbook of Photosynthesis, Third Edition provides a nearly entirely new source on the subject that is both comprehensive and timely. It continues to fill the need for an authoritative and exhaustive resource by assembling a global team of experts to provide thorough coverage of the subject while focusing on finding solutions to relevant contemporary issues related to the field.
- Author BiographyMohammad Pessarakli is a professor at the University of Arizona, Tucson, where he earned his PhD in soil and water science. His work at the university includes research and extension services as well as teaching courses in turfgrass science, management, and stress physiology. He has authored or coauthored 185 journal articles and 55 trade magazine articles, written 20 book chapters, edited several books, and is a member of editorial boards and book review committees for scientific journals. He is also an active member of various organizations on agricultural fields, agronomy, crop science, and soil science and is an executive board member of the American Association of the University Professors, Arizona chapter. His research on environmental stress and expertise on plants and crops is internationally recognized.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleBooks in Soils, Plants, and the Environment
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note289 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight2274 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byMohammad Pessarakli
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.