Handbook of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Processing by Donald M Mattox (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $260.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $332.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated version of the popular handbook further explains all aspects of physical vapor deposition (PVD) process techlogy from the characterizing and preparing the substrate material, through deposition processing and film characterization, to post-deposition processing. The emphasis of the new edition remains on the aspects of the process flow that are critical to ecomical deposition of films that can meet the required performance specifications, with additional information to support the original material. The book covers subjects seldom treated in the literature: substrate characterization, adhesion, cleaning and the processing. The book also covers the widely discussed subjects of vacuum techlogy and the fundamentals of individual deposition processes. However, the author uniquely relates these topics to the practical issues that arise in PVD processing, such as contamination control and film growth effects, which are also rarely discussed in the literature. In bringing these subjects together in one book, the reader can understand the interrelationship between various aspects of the film deposition processing and the resulting film properties. The author draws upon his long experience with developing PVD processes and troubleshooting the processes in the manufacturing environment, to provide useful hints for t only avoiding problems, but also for solving problems when they arise. He uses actual experiences, called war stories , to emphasize certain points. Special formatting of the text allows a reader who is already kwledgeable in the subject to scan through a section and find discussions that are of particular interest. The author has tried to make the subject index as useful as possible so that the reader can rapidly go to sections of particular interest. Extensive references allow the reader to pursue subjects in greater detail if desired. The book is intended to be both an introduction for those who are new to the field and a valuable resource to those already in the field. The discussion of transferring techlogy between R&D and manufacturing provided in Appendix 1, will be of special interest to the manager or engineer responsible for moving a PVD product and process from R&D into production. Appendix 2 has an extensive listing of periodical publications and professional societies that relate to PVD processing. The extensive Glossary of Terms and Acronyms provided in Appendix 3 will be of particular use to students and to those t fully conversant with the termilogy of PVD processing or with the English language.
- Author(s)Donald M Mattox
- PublisherWilliam Andrew Publishing
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNorwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Andrew Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1470 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.