All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadio systems capable of localization have emerging applications in homeland security, law enforcement, emergency response, defense command and control, multi-robot coordination and vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian collision avoidance. In fact, high resolution localization is vital for many applications, including: traffic alert, emergency services, e.g., indoor localization for firefighters, and battlefield command and control. These systems promise to dramatically reduce society's vulnerabilities to catastrophic events and improve its quality of of life. While work this important area is progressing, limited resources are available to support graduate students and researchers in this important area. Specifically, a limited number of books has been published in this area covering selected subjects. This comprehensive handbook offers gaps of available localization books presenting in-depth coverage from fundamentals of coordinates to advanced application examples.
- Author BiographySeyed A. (Reza) Zekavat, PhD, is Associate Professor and the founder of the wireless positioning lab at Michigan Tech. Prof. Zekavat is the founder of VIEWComm. Co., a position location company. He is active on the technical program committees for several IEEE international conferences, serving as a committee chair or member, and he is currently with the IET Wireless Sensor Systems editorial board. His research has been supported by federal agencies and industries including the NSF, ARL, and National Instruments. R. Michael Buehrer, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Virginia Tech. His research at Virginia Tech has been sponsored by several federal agencies including DARPA, ONR, and NSF, as well as by many companies, including Qualcomm, Motorola, and several others.
- Author(s)R. Michael Buehrer,Reza Zekavat
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Series on Digital & Mobile Communication
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1572 g
- Width159 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine57 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.