All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis Handbook is a comprehensive and scholarly overview of the latest research on prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination. The Second Edition provides a full update of its highly successful predecessor and features new material on key issues such as political activism, ecomic polarization, mirity stress, same-sex marriage laws, dehumanization, and mental health stigma, in addition to a timely update on how victims respond to discrimination, and additional coverage of gender and race. All chapters are written by eminent researchers who explore topics by presenting an overview of current research and, where appropriate, developing new theory, models, or scales. The volume is clearly structured, with a broad section on cognitive, affective, and neurological processes, and there is inclusion of studies of prejudice based on race, sex, age, sexual orientation, and weight. A concluding section explores the issues involved in reducing prejudice. The Handbook is an essential resource for students, instructors, and researchers in social and personality psychology, and an invaluable reference for academics and professionals in sociology, communication studies, gerontology, nursing, medicine, as well as government and policymakers and social service agencies.
- Author BiographyTodd D. Nelson is a Professor of Psychology at California State University - Stanislaus. His research focuses on stereotypes and prejudice against older adults (ageism). He is a fellow of the Society for Experimental Social Psychology, and has published several chapters on ageism. Professor Nelson has also published a textbook on prejudice, edited a volume on ageism, and served as issue editor for the Journal of Social Issues volume focusing on ageism.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byTodd D. Nelson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.