All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to fill a gap in the literature on professional ethics for psychologists, this book covers topics typically neglected in existing books, being more radical and controversial than much of the literature in this area. Rather than take ethical prouncements associated with some organizations as dogma t to be questioned but simply understood and observed, the editors of this Handbook have encouraged a questioning, critical attitude. This book is therefore in part an attempt to push harder on the ethical impulse in psychologists, pushing beyond 'comfort zones' to encourage positions of moral leadership.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. O'Donohue is a licensed clinical psychologist, professor of psychology and adjunct professor in the Department of Philosophy at University of Nevada, Reno, and a faculty member of the National Judicial College. He is widely recognized in the field for his proposed innovations in mental health service delivery, in treatment design and evaluation, and in knowledge of empirically supported cognitive behavioral therapies. He is a member of the Association for the Advancement for Behavior Therapy and served on the Board of Directors of this organization. Dr. O'Donohue has published over 50 books and 150 articles in scholarly journals and book chapters. For the past 14 years, he has been director of a free clinic that treats children who have been sexually abused and adults who have been sexually assaulted. Kyle E. Ferguson is pursuing his Ph.D. in psychology at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received a master's degree in behavior analysis from Southern Illinois University and a bachelor's degree from the University of Alberta. He coauthored a previous book, Working Through Anger, and two manuals, Working Through Anger: Therapist's Manual and A Practitioner's Guide to Behavioral-Medical Interventions. He coauthored the recent Sage book, The Psychology of B.F. Skinner (2001) with William O'Donohue.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/03/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1059 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byKyle E. Ferguson,William T. O'Donohue
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.