All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together scholars, public intellectuals, and activists from across the field of education, the Handbook of Public Pedagogy explores and maps the terrain of this burgeoning field. For the first time in one comprehensive volume, readers will be able to learn about the history and scope of the concept and practices of public pedagogy. * What is 'public pedagogy'? * What theories, research, aims, and values inform it? * What does it look like in practice? Offering a wide range of differing, even diverging, perspectives on how the 'public' might operate as a pedagogical agent, this Handbook provides new ways of understanding educational practice, both within and without schools. It implores teachers, researchers, and theorists to reconsider their foundational understanding of what counts as pedagogy and of how and where the process of education occurs. The questions it raises and the critical analyses they require provide curriculum and educational workers and scholars at large with new ways of understanding educational practice, both within and without schools.
- Author BiographyJennifer A. Sandlin is Assistant Professor in the Division of Advanced Studies in Education Policy, Leadership, and Curriculum, Mary Lou Fulton Institute and Graduate School of Education, Arizona State University. Brian D. Schultz is Associate Professor of Education, Honors Faculty, and Associate Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership & Development at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago. Jake Burdick is a doctoral student in Curriculum Studies at Arizona State University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Curriculum Theory Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byBrian D. Schultz,Jake Burdick,Jennifer A. Sandlin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.