All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book started out as a Manual. The idea was to offer straightforward instruction on how to handle patients in whom renal function is altered by intrinsic as well as systemic or extrarenal disease. While we have attempted to provide simple approaches to most conditions, we have gone beyond that and offer here more detailed description of pathophysiology, diagsis and therapy. Thus, the Manual has become a Handbook. In so doing we hope we have widened the audience for which the book may be useful. As it w stands, we envision that students, house staff, nephrology trainees, nephrologists, primary-care physicians, and nurses of specialized units, interested in kidney-related disturbances and in alterations of the composi- tion of the extracellular fluid, will benefit from reading the Handbook. While providing a rational background for the treatments outlined, each author has attempted to narrate the reasons why such therapy is utilized. Frequently, the information is provided in tables and figures to which ready reference can be made. The flow-chart approach has also been utilized to illustrate pathophysiological sequence or steps in therapy. In most instances, the discussion of pathophysiology has been limited to what is widely ac- cepted rather than treading into anything controversial, unless the nature of the problem or the nature of our kwledge is ambiguous.
- Author(s)Manuel Martinez-Maldonado
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/06/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1112 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.