All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe explosion in sport and exercise psychology-related research over the last two decades has made it necessary to continuously reflect on the state of the art. This Handbook does just that, presenting diverse applied issues and different areas of applied research in sport psychology. Edited and authored by practitioners and scientists of considerable professional experience from Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America, the Handbook of Research in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology represents science-related practice perspectives from different continents and cultures. The 26 chapters provide an excellent framework for kwledge-founded practices of psychological services to targeted samples within the sport and exercise domains.
- Author BiographyRonnie Lidor is a professor and the Director of the Zinman College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences at the Wingate Institute, and he is also on the faculty of education at the University of Haifa (Israel). His main areas of research are cognitive strategies, talent detection, early development in sport, and sport development. Lidor has published over 100 articles, book chapters, and proceedings chapters, in English and in Hebrew. He is the senior editor of several books, among them Sport Psychology: Linking Theory and Practice (1999) and The Psychology of Team Sports (2003), and served as a co-editor of Handbook of Research in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology: International Perspectives (2006) and Psychology of Sport Excellence (2009), all of which were published by Fitness Information Technology. A former basketball coach, Lidor now provides psychological consultation to young and adult elite basketball players. He focuses mainly on attentional techniques used before the execution of free-throw shots. He also consults with athletes from several cultures and writes about these experiences.
- Author(s)Dieter Hackfort,Joan L. Duda,Ronnie Lidor
- PublisherFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationMorgantown, WV
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photos & tables
- Weight1475 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.